I can't believe how calm I am. Probably because I'm all packed and I don't have any last minute errands to run. Of course, reality will sink in soon and I'll be nauseous and nervous. But so far so good.
Eric got home from work early today and we went out for a late lunch at Bin 71, a wine bar on 71st & Columbus. It was nice to sit outside and people-watch. We walked around for a couple of hours and I bought 2 hats. They'll come in handy, especially if I have to wait for the bus in the sun everyday.
My niece Cristina is flying in from ATL tomorrow and she's staying with us tomorrow night. We're meeting her sister Ciara at JFK on Monday and we're taking the same flight to Accra. What a coincidence that the 3 of us have picked a program in Ghana at the same time. We'll go our separate ways upon arriving but we'll reconnect a few days before heading home and our plan is to travel along the coast.
Big thanks to Christin who still managed to find time to contribute to my cause while working 100-hr weeks, closing on a new house, preparing to move, and taking care of 2-month old Parker. I don't know how she does it. She's superwoman! I'm looking forward to spending some weekends down in Philly and hanging out with these guys when I get back!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Amazingly calm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment