Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday in Tokyo

On Sunday we walked around our neighborhood and found the Hie Shrine:



Then Ryan took us to Harujuku and the Meiji Shrine.
The shrine is in the middle of a large park/forest where you can't see any modern buildings and can't hear cars.





A wedding at the shrine. I love this picture because it looks like it could have been taken decades ago.


Kids in Harujuku, on the bridge outside of Yoyogi Park - Quite a contrast!!







Then we walked to Shibuya and we went to the famous Shibuya crossing. I will never complain about how crowded Times Square is because it's nothing in comparison. Even reular streets in Harujuku and Shibuya were incredibly crowded.



Last night, Ryan's host family invited us to a tempura restaurant. It was a delicious 13-course meal with sashimi as a starter.



After dinner, we headed back to our hotel and when we arrived at the train station I realized that I had lost my train pass (the pass that I need to use to go to Kyoto this week and that also gives us access to the JR trains in Tokyo) I emptied everything in my bag and it really wasn't one of my famous "I lost it" moments when I end up finding the item at the bottom of my purse. It was really gone. Since we had walked around for 30 minutes before dinner, we retraced our steps and I found my pass on the ground in the middle of a street. What a relief! Only in Tokyo... because the streets are so clean and it was easy to spot.

No comments: