Friday, April 25, 2008

Tokyo

I arrived in Tokyo this afternoon. My first time on the Asian continent. The 14-hr flight didn't seem long at all. I only had time to watch 2 movies and to sleep twice and we were there. I love Valium + biz class!
Flying over the Artic Ocean and Russia was beautiful: snow, ice and more snow. I think I hurt my eyes because it was so bright outside.

I'm here with my friend and former colleague Rob because Eric couldn't be bothered to come back to Tokyo (he spent 2 summers here a long time ago and he must have seen and done everything because he really didn't want to go with me even though I've nagged him for years)

The hotel is nice and tonight we went for a walk and dinner nearby and I love the narrow streets and alley packed with tiny restaurants. The streets are super clean and all the men wear black suits. I'm not tired at all so I went to the gym after dinner but I'm still wide awake... I'll post pictures tomorrow because the ones I took with my small camera tonight are not that great.

Note: my blackberry doesn't work here. Apparently Cingular doesn't have any partners in Japan. Unbelievable! It worked in the middle of the Serengeti but it won't work in Tokyo... I'll check emails in the morning and in the evening. we're 13 hrs ahead of NY and 7hrs ahead of France.

No comments: