After more than 5,000 miles, I'm back in New York.
We arrived at the airport in Accra almost 3 hours before the flight and the entire customs/check-in/security/immigration process took pretty much all of that time.
It was sad to leave and there were tears. Again.
I'm jet-lagged so I'm not going to post pictures tonight but in the meantime, here's your Ghanaian name. It is based on the day you were born. I'm Efia.
Female:
Monday - Adjoa
Tuesday - Abena
Wednesday - Akua
Thursday - Yaa
Friday - Afia
Saturday - Ama
Sunday - Akosua
Male:
Monday - Kojo
Tuesday - Kwabena
Wednesday - Kwaku
Thursday - Yaw
Friday - Kofi
Saturday - Kwame* (*God's name is Kwame)
Sunday - Kwasi
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back! I am looking forward to seeing photos and hearing more about your adventures. I'm sure that you'll find re-entry into NYC life a bit strange after having experienced life in Ghana.
I admire you for having gone to the orphanage and worked with the children.
PS: I hope your foot is okay.
catherine
Post a Comment