I am writing this from my blackberry from my isolation room at St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital. I went to see my doctor this morning to get a check up and get something for my cough and she put on a mask and sent me to the hospital right away. I wasn't allowed to go home to pack stuff and I was taken to the ER through the back hallways as her office is part of the hospital.
Since I was exposed to TB and that I have symptoms, I need to bne quarantined while they run some tests.
My chest X-Ray is clear but it's not enough to rule out TB. They can't do a TB test because I had the BCG vaccine when I was young and it causes the test to be positive. The only test that can rule it out is a mucus test. They give me some saline solution to make me cough up a lot of mucus and then they run tests. I have to do this 3 days in a row so I'm in here until at least Saturday. I'm still in the ER while they look for a bed. On the bright side, I get a private room... And there's a nice sign on my door that says "respiratory isolation.". It's a clear door so I feel like I'm on the wrong side of a cage at the zoo. I don't have to wear my mask while I'm isolated but I must wear it when I go out to x-ray, bathroom, etc.
Not much to do right now... Eric brought me 2 magazines earlier but I've just finished reading them. He's bringing me all my New York Magazines that I received while I was away so I'll have plenty of time to catch up. I wish I could be quarantined at home with my Tivo. There are so many season finales I haven't watched yet. And I'm nervous that someone will ruin the Sopranos for me before I get a chance to see the final episodes.
Good thing my blackberry is working so I can still get emails because my cell phone has no service in the ER.
I'll keep you updated and I'm looking forward to seeing you all when they realize that I'm not a threat to the rest of the population! (The doctor already told me that he'll have to report me to the CDC if my tests are positive. That's just great.)
Thursday, June 14, 2007
You gotta be kidding me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment