Saturday, June 16, 2007

Prison break

The results are in: I don't have TB and I'm now out of quarantine/isolation/solitary confinement/prison.
After 3 days, I was starting to go mental. The fan in the window was so noisy and there's no way to turn it off because it's sucking the air out of the room. The food was... well, let's just say it makes airplane food taste good. And they just have to wake you up every 3hrs to take your blood pressure etc.
I gave them a sample for the 3rd test today and I was ready to go. But I hadn't seen a doctor in over 24hrs and I was still waiting for the results of the first 2. I told the nurse that I wanted to leave and she sent an intern. I explained that I had done the 3 tests as required and that as soon as I got the results of the other tests, I had to bail, for my sanity and because I haven't been home in a month. And because I felt like I was in jail. He said that I wasn't in jail but he said I couldn't leave because I am a "threat to public health" and that if I left, they'll have to notify the authorities. So I really was in prison after all. Anyway, I stared crying, called Eric to vent and 10 minutes later my physician walked in with the good news that the tests were clear and that I could be discharged.
I was so ready! I already had my shoes on and I was all packed up.

Home sweet home!! So good to be free!
I'll sort out my pics tomorrow and post some.

No comments: