Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tokyo with Ben



While Eric is hard at work for the Thanksgiving rush, I escaped to Tokyo with my brother Ben. After a 14hr flight with a broken entertainment system, I arrived on Friday afternoon and checked into a hotel near the airport and fell asleep by 5:30pm. When I woke up feeling refreshed, I thought for sure it had to be at leasdt 4-5am. Well, it was still the same day at 11:30pm. I went back to sleep at 4 and got up at 5:30am to get ready, get on the hotel shuttle back to the airport to pick up Ben who arrived at 7am. We got into Tokyo around 9:30am, dropped off our stuff at the apartment and went right back out. We walked around Harajuku, the Meiji Shrine (where there are always fabulous weddings), did a little shopping on Omotesando with the mandatory stop at Kiddyland. We walked to Shibuya Crossing and finished our loop at Yoyogi Park. It was a beautiful day and the park was full of people having picnics, playing games, dancing and having fun. We got back to our neighborhood of Akasaka and went for an early dinner and collapsed around 8pm. We slept through the night and woke up around 5am so not bad at all.
The sun rises at 6am and sets at 4:00pm. It's pitch balck by 4:30pm so we need to get an early start to take advantage of the day.

Here are some pics from yesterday.









more pics

No comments: